Student Policies and Procedures
Please read and follow the below policies and procedures for participating in the Dollars for Scholars program.
There are a number of volunteering opportunities for students throughout the year in Washburn. All events and activities are announced throughout the school and on the website. If you are interested in volunteering for an event, please contact a local Board Member or sign up at the High School Office.
- Be sure to ask questions if you need further clarification on the opportunity.
- Don't forget to ask for a contact phone number on the day of the opportunity in the event you need to reach the sponsor.
- Don't forget to ask for directions, start & end times, and if there are any dress code requirements
- If you have to cancel your commitment, CALL the sponsor ASAP! Never just 'don't show up'.
- Remember you are representing yourself and the Dollars for Scholars program. Many organizations that request Dollars for Scholars volunteers also donate to the scholarship fund so please be courteous, on-time and work hard.
Recording and Receiving Credit for Volunteer Hours
- Make sure all hours and information is turned into the High School Guidance Counselor. He/she will help you through the process of loggin hours onto the computer.
- Plays, concerts, band, yearbook, dancing and other school club and performance activities are NOT eligible as volunteer hours.
- Did the event or volunteer activity take place in Washburn or did it benefit the Washburn Community? If you are unsure, ask your high school counselor.
- No more than 8 hours credit is allocated within any 24 hour period.
- SENIORS!! If you are a graduating senior, your last day to turn in your Student Record of Volunteer Activity (log sheet) will be with your Dollars for Scholars Scholarship Application. DFS Scholarship Application will be due on the same day all other high school scholarship applications are due. Please check with your High School Counselor.
- Student Record of Volunteer Activities (log sheet) can be turned in anytime during the school year, but are due on the last day of school for all non-graduating seniors for the past summer and school year.
All Students and Parents: Click on the Students and Parents tab above to log into the ChapterNet Student Dashboard!
If you have not previously created a user account, click the link below and follow the instructions for a new user. All users must have a student profile prior to applying for scholarships. Be prepare to upload your college transcript at
some time during the application process - before your finalize your application.
For more information on the Washburn Area Dollars for Scholars program, contributing towards a scholarship for youth or how to join this outstanding scholarship organization please contact:
Washburn Area Dollars for Scholars
PO Box 442
Washburn, ND 58577